Can you summarize the overall story?
- Isis Cook and Delaney Bell are two rambunctious girls that meet by chance on the internets. upon discovering they both have super powers they decide to team-up and try their hand at fighting crime under the names Mega Maiden and The Chop Chop Princess. The comic follows the girls as they get a crash course in superhero social etiquette and class from all their so-called peers in the post human community, unfortunately for the girls every big-name superhero is a complete and utter douchebag
- How did it all start? Where did the idea come from?
- Mega Maiden and The Chop Chop Princess is my first time trying to write a superhero comic since well, The late 90′s. The Idea for the comic came about while a friend of mine and Myself were shooting off ideas for possible comics to work on. One idea was about Sentient Mechas, the latter was about a hero that sucked ass at everything and had the worst rep in town. His companion was to be a girl in a mecha power suit who was to the uptight straight laced hero with a good rep. I didn’t really want to write a comic with a male lead though, I feared I’d somehow subconsciously inject myself into that character since i am kind of full of myself sometimes lol. So I just kept bouncing ideas off my head until one Stuck. The realization that I wanted to draw girls in short skirts who want to beat people up, drink beer and have fun. Admittedly the core idea for Isis and Delaney stem from that simple idea that tough girls are hot, but violent girls are hotter. is it shallow? Totally! But I don’t care, idowhatiwant!
- What has the reaction been to the comic?
- The response has been encouraging enough for me to put other projects on hiatus while I focus all my efforts on this comic. It seems more and more readers of manga and western comics are starting to cross-pollinate thanks to work of professionals like Adam Warren(empowered), who are making bote type of readers think twice before casting judgement just because a comic is drawn with a bit of a manga flavor.
- We need a short biography.
- Andeh Pinkard is a native Southern Californian and still lives ‘the good life provided by punk’ in La Puente, Ca. Which is a city in outer l.a for you non-Californian jive turkeys). The only things he likes are booze, punk rock, boobs, sci-fi, fantasy, movies, cartoons, anime, and Martial arts action flicksAndeh has worked various webcomics over the last few years including Shonen Punk,Rogue Trip, the goddamn panty brigade, Kegas bier & the six-pack girls. He also makes comic fonts and logos.
- We’re writing for an online publication, do you have a banner we can use?
- Please feel free to use any of these and link them back to www.megamaiden.com